Our mission is “Joining Children on their Spiritual Journey.” The purpose of KidStep is to intentionally focus on ways that we can help children from birth through fifth grade take next steps of faith. KidStep is providing online resources to encourage kids to worship and be in the word when they are at home.
Join us every Sunday at 8:30 AM for Breakfast with KidStep! Each week, preschool and elementary kids can log onto Zoom to chat with peers, participate in an activity, share prayer requests with teachers, and watch the KidStep service!
Zoom Information: Meeting ID: 875 2133 9302 | Passcode: HFC
KidStep offers in-person programming on Sunday mornings for preschool and elementary kids (2-year olds thru grade 5) during the 10:30 AM service. All KidStep classes will be held in the 3-story wing (affectionately known as the KidStep Tower). Here is what you can expect in-person Sunday ministry to look like:
- Registration: You must register here for the 10:30 AM KidStep classes. With a limited number of spaces, we have also created a wait list. If, for some reason after registering, your family is no longer able to attend, please let us know by emailing KidStep so we can make every possible spot available.
- Pre-Check In: All KidStep children must wear a mask inside the church building, including while in their classrooms. Preschoolers will have a scheduled bathroom break, however, we ask that you also have them use the bathroom before dropping them off.
- Check In: When your family arrives on Sunday morning, have one parent come to the check-in station at the Orange Lobby outside the Kidstep Tower. This is the only check-in station for all children. At the registration table five things will happen:
- Every child will have a touchless temperature check;
- You will be asked a few basic health screening questions;
- A name tag will be given to each child and you will receive the matching pick-up tag;
- Children will use hand sanitizer;
- A guide will escort children to their classroom using a one-way traffic pattern. Parents will not be allowed into the KidStep tower.
- During Service: Children will stay in their assigned classroom throughout the entire service. Each classroom floor is equipped with Velcro squares to help kids maintain physical distancing. Our desire is for KidStep to continue to be a place for children to go deeper with Jesus, so during the service they will participate in worship, spiritual formation activities, a Bible lesson, and a craft. Children will have their own basket of supplies to be used throughout the morning. Our preschoolers will also be given the opportunity to have some free play with toys that have been sanitized before use. There will be no snacks served at this time.
- Pick Up: When the service is over, one parent will return to the Orange Lobby registration table with the pick-up tag. Our team will then use a radio call system to alert classroom guides to bring your child back to you. We will match your pick-up tag to their name tag and, once verified, will release your child to your care.
- Wellness Policy: Now, more than ever, we will be adhering strictly to our wellness policy. Should your child have any of these symptoms 24 hours before Sunday morning, email KidStep. Director for Children’s Ministry, to let us know you will not be coming to church.
- During the Week: Every room, including all hard surfaces, will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- COVID-19: If anyone in your household contracts COVID-19, please notify KidStep immediately. When we are made aware of such a situation, we will keep the family details in confidence and we will notify all families who had potential exposure. The KidStep tower will be closed until CDC cleaning and disinfecting guidelines have been fulfilled.
We are excited to join your children on their spiritual journey at KidStep!
CORE Student Ministries
CORE is a place for high school and middle school students to connect with one another, with older mentors, and with Jesus. Our desire is to help students become disciple-makers and to walk alongside both them and their parents in their faith journeys.
Beginning Sunday, January 10 | 10:30 AM
We are so excited to begin meeting again on Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM! Middle School will meet in the Auditorium, and High School will meet in the Core Cafe. Both groups will be working through the Love This Book study with the rest of the church. Our purpose for this time is to be a learning environment that equips and challenges students with the essentials to be a committed disciple-maker beyond high school. We will continue to follow our wellness policy by having everyone wear masks and remain socially distant during our time together.
Home Groups are back! And we cannot wait to start gathering again! Home Groups allow for students and leaders to gather together and engage in the discipleship process. It offers students a fun environment that develops deep relationships, engages them on their faith journey, and challenges them to pursue God’s way of living.
CORE will follow a hybrid model beginning in February. Middle School and High School will each meet one Wednesday a month at Hershey Free Church and in normal Home Group locations on the remaining Wednesdays. Please contact Pastor Nick or Pastor Craig with any questions.
- Middle School will gather at church for a large group meeting on the first Wednesday of the month. They will meet at their Home Group Locations for all other Wednesdays. Middle School meets from 6:45 to 8:15 PM.
- High School will gather at church for a large group meeting on the fourth Wednesday of the month. They will meet at their Home Group Locations for all other Wednesdays. High School meets from 7 to 8:30 PM.