Our mission is “Joining Children on their Spiritual Journey.” The purpose of KidStep is to intentionally focus on ways that we can help children from birth through fifth grade take next steps of faith.
Enjoy the Sabbath together as a family with our Sunday morning videos. Videos will be available Sunday mornings at 8 AM on hfcinfo.com.
KidStep offers in-person programming on Sunday mornings for preschool and elementary kids (2-year-olds thru grade 5) during the 9 and 10:30 AM service. Registration is required. All KidStep classes will be held in the 3-story wing (affectionately known as the KidStep Tower).
Here is what you can expect in-person Sunday ministry to look like:
- Registration: You must register here for the 9 and 10:30 AM KidStep classes. If a class is full and you want to be added to our waitlist or if you can no longer attend, please email KidStep so we can make every possible spot available.
- Check In: When your family arrives on Sunday morning, have one parent come to the check-in station at the Orange Lobby outside the Kidstep Tower. This is the only check-in station for all children. Preschoolers will have a scheduled bathroom break, however, we ask that you also have them use the bathroom before dropping them off. At the registration table a name tag will be given to each child and you will receive the matching pick-up tag. A guide will escort children to their classroom using a one-way traffic pattern. Parents will not be allowed into the KidStep tower.
- During Service: Children will stay in their assigned classroom throughout the entire service. Our desire is for KidStep to continue to be a place for children to go deeper with Jesus, so during the service they will participate in worship, spiritual formation activities, a Bible lesson, and a craft. Children will have their own basket of supplies to be used throughout the morning. Our preschoolers will also be given the opportunity to have some free play with toys that have been sanitized before use. There will be no snacks served at this time.
- Pick Up: When the service is over, one parent will return to the Orange Lobby registration table with the pick-up tag. Our team will then use a radio call system to alert classroom guides to bring your child back to you. We will match your pick-up tag to their name tag and, once verified, will release your child to your care.
- Wellness Policy: Now, more than ever, we will be adhering strictly to our wellness policy. Should your child have any of these symptoms 24 hours before Sunday morning, email KidStep. Director for Children’s Ministry, to let us know you will not be coming to church.
- COVID-19: If anyone in your household contracts COVID-19, please notify KidStep immediately. When we are made aware of such a situation, we will keep the family details in confidence and we will notify all families who had potential exposure. The KidStep tower will be closed until CDC cleaning and disinfecting guidelines have been fulfilled.
We are excited to join your children on their spiritual journey at KidStep!
CORE Student Ministries
CORE is a place for high school and middle school students to connect with one another, with older mentors, and with Jesus. Our desire is to help students become disciple-makers and to walk alongside both them and their parents in their faith journeys.
SUNDAYS | 10:30 AM
We are so excited to be meeting on Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM. Middle School will meet in the Auditorium, and High School will meet in the Core Cafe. Our purpose for this time is to be a learning environment that equips and challenges students with the essentials to be a committed disciple-maker beyond high school.
Sunday CORE will not meet for the month of July. They will resume gathering on Sunday, August 1.
Regular Wednesday night gatherings of CORE will begin again in the fall.